The policy explains how Essex & Suffolk Water uses your personal data when you sign up to, and participate in the Have Your Say Forum
Essex & Suffolk Water has commissioned Explain Market Research (an independent market research agency http://www.explainresearch.co.uk/ ) to build and manage this Forum on their behalf.
If you register and create an account, we require some basic information at the time of account creation. You will create your own username and password, and we will ask you for a valid email address. We need this information to create your account, and to be able to identify you on the Forum. We will also ask for further profiling information such as gender, date of birth and profession. The collection of such data is used for research purposes and to simply inform Essex & Suffolk Water about the demographics of their members.
Only your username and self-selected photo will be shared with other users; we recommend that you choose a username which is not linked to your own name, and that you do not include any personal information in your postings. We will use your email address to communicate with you, in terms of updating you when there is new content on the Forum, with opportunities to take part in market research or other topics related to the Forum.
In running and maintaining this Forum we may collect and process the following data which is collected by Explain Market Research and shared with Essex & Suffolk Water:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data
- Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you complete your user profile or participate in Forum content.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
Use of your information
Data can be viewed by authorized persons within Explain Market Research and Essex & Suffolk Water to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
Information within your user profile may be shared with Essex & Suffolk Water as required for market research purposes. Information that can be passed back to Essex & Suffolk Water is inclusive of all data collected.
Where your data is stored
All data is stored securely within the EU. Our information security policy can be provided on request.
You can request a copy of the data held on you via the following details:
Data Protection Lead
Explain Market Research Ltd
48 Leazes Park Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: 0191 261 5261